I heard on the news the other day how one of the best feelings in the world that adults experience is when plans are cancelled. It’s like your entire evening opens up and the options for what you might do suddenly become endless. I experienced this very thing today. So here’s my list of what I might do tonight INSTEAD of hosting a dinner that was cancelled not by me.
- Finally do the laundry. There’s so much of it.
- Buy a new pillow that doesn’t hurt my neck.
- Start that new book I’ve been meaning to for weeks now.
- Watch Grey’s Anatomy. I just started season 11!
- Clean the bathrooms.
- Go to the gym.
- Take a walk with my dog and husband.
- Try a new recipe in the Instant Pot.
- Organize my closet.
- Take a bubble bath (after I scour the bathtub).
- Call my best friend and catch up on FaceTime.
- Paint my nails.
So, your turn. If you had tonight totally free – what would you do?